We hope that flipper works well out of the box, but the software is a work in progress and problems will occur. Below are some known issues and steps you can take to try to resolve them.
Flipper won't launch
- If the window is appearing, try opening Chrome dev tools within Flipper. To do so, from the View menu select Toggle Developer Tools or press CMD+Option+I and check if there are any errors on the console.
- Launch Flipper from the command line using
/Applications/Flipper.app/Contents/MacOS/FlipperThis should give you some logs, that might be helpful when debugging.
~/.flipperand try relaunching Flipper
- Delete Flipper from your applications folder and redownload Flipper
- If you're using
yarn startto run from source, make sure all dependencies are installed correctly by running yarn install
iOS Simulator missing from devices dropdown
- Check that
xcode-select -pshows the same xcode version that you're using. If not, see xcode-select for how to select the correct version.
No plugins showing up for your device
- Check your device isn't on the list of known incompatibilities
- Make sure your version of Flipper is up to date.
- Make sure the mobile SDK you are using is relatively recent (<1 month old).
- Open Chrome dev tools within Flipper. To do so, from the View menu select Toggle Developer Tools or press CMD+Option+I and check if there are any errors on the console.
- Uninstall and reinstall the mobile app.
- Make sure the time and date are set correctly on your mobile device and desktop computer.
- If no app plugins are showing up, there may be a connectivity issue between Flipper and your app. Check connection issues to see if anything is failing.
The Flipper SDK includes an in-app connection diagnostics screen to help you diagnose problems.
<APP_PACKAGE> below with the package name of your app, e.g.
On a terminal, run the following:
adb shell am start -n <APP_PACKAGE>/com.facebook.flipper.android.diagnostics.FlipperDiagnosticActivity
This will only work if you added
FlipperDiagnosticActivity to your
AndroidManifest.xml. See getting started for help.
You'll need to manually add this ViewController to your app to see the in-app diagnostics.
The following devices are known to be incompatible or face issues with flipper:
- Physical iOS devices. Currently on iOS, only simulators are supported. GitHub Issue
- Some Samsung devices. GitHub Issue
- Genymotion emulators on Android 8+ are reported to have issues.
File an Issue
Still not working? File an issue on GitHub with the chrome dev tools logs and the output from the diagnostics screen, if relevant.