Publishing to npm
Flipper plugins are essentially standard npm packages, which means you can publish them by executing
yarn publish or
npm publish in the plugin directory.
The only requirements are:
package.jsonand code must follow the Flipper plugin specification
Code must be bundled using "flipper-pkg" before packing or publishing. This can be done by executing
"prepack": "flipper-pkg bundle"
Packaging to File
To package a plugin as a tarball, you can use the same command as for packaging any other npm package (using
yarn pack or
flipper-pkg also provides a convenient command
pack that does the following:
- Installs the plugin dependencies.
- Bundles the plugin.
- Creates the tarball and saves it at the specified location.
To package a plugin located at
~/Desktop, execute the following command:
flipper-pkg pack ~/flipper-plugins/my-plugin -o ~/Desktop
Installation from File
It's possible to install plugins into Flipper from tarballs. This is useful in cases when you need to try a plugin version that is not published to npm, or if you want to distribute plugin privately. Take the following steps:
- Launch Flipper.
- Click the 'Manage Plugins' button in the bottom-left corner.
- Select the 'Install Plugins' tab in the opened sheet.
- Specify the path to the plugin package (or just drag and drop it) and click 'Install'.